Wednesday, December 8, 2010

En 11-2: Notes from Wednesday, 8 Dec

Today we took some time away from Macbeth to address our social responsibility as members of our class.  On that point, we watched a 10-minute lecture on the future of education (or at least one man's view of it).  I hope you all had reason to think during, and afterwords.  Here are our next reading parts:

For Friday Act III, scenes 1 - 6, please read and be prepared to present your character (if you have trouble pronouncing any words - see me; you can also check out No Fear Shakespeare to help you understand what's going on in the scene (is the character happy, mad, afraid, etc?):

Scene 1:
Banquo: Liz
Macbeth: Madison
Lady Macbeth: Samantha
First Murderer: Shyla
Second Murderer: Luke

Scene 2:
Lady Macbeth: Courtney
Servant: Samantha
Macbeth: Savannah

Scene 3:
First Murderer: Cody
Second Murderer: Quinn
Third Murder: Gus
Banquo: Sam 

Scene 4:
Macbeth: Khoya
Lady M: Kari
Murderer: Austin
Ross: Joel
Lennox: Carson

Scene 5:
First Witch: Amber
Hecate: Liz

Scene 6:
Lennox: Madison
Lord: Stephanie

Good luck.

5 comments:

  1. Madison said...

    Todays class really gave me a lot to think about when it comes to education and the education system. I was wondering what the video you showed us is called and if you could send me a copy of your poem, my mother is very interested in seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madison, I've attached a link to the video in the "Useful Humanities Links" section of the blog. You can find a copy of the poem in an English 12 post back on October 27.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Class on Wednesday was very inspiring! It gave me a lot to think about with our education system. Can't wait to read out loud today! Yipeeeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that we can go off topic and have a good discustion every once and a while. Yay Macberth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found the video we watched really interesting, and I'm looking forward to reading in class.

    ReplyDelete