Friday, December 10, 2010

En 11-1: From Friday, 10 Dec

Today we acted out the murder of Banquo and saw how much easier it is to understand what is going on when we imagine the scene in the context of action on stage.  I thought the performances were quite good.

Please remember to practice you lines before class so you can do the best job possible when you read for us.  I'm trying not to boss manage you, but the group's general lack of effort in getting assignments done is testing me.  I too, am ready for a break, but that doesn't start until Dec 17.

Please remember, also, it is your responsibility to post journal comments to the blog.  If you ever have technical difficulty, do your entry on paper and bring it to class.

11 comments:

  1. I wasn't there last class again but I was wondering if we are still reading the same lines you assigned us last class? I am really anjoying reading Macbeth's part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you spelt enjoying wrong....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fun acting out Banquo's murder, I thought interpreting the scene in our own way helped with our understanding of the action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is this post for both classes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's no post for En 11-2, so I'm going to wing it and say it's for both classes. :)

    I agree with Liz, I thought it was fun to see the play acted out. I also enjoy watching Macbeth dig himself into a deeper hole, it's amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Amber. I enjoy Macbeth's struggle, but I'm sad that Banquo died. He was fun. I liked acting the scene to. That let me understand it a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Macbeth has begun to lose control on his personal sanity and it will continue to digress as the play continues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kinda enjoyed acting out the scene today and I felt our group did pretty good for the time we had

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like doing the acting it was fun and it made me understand more

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel it is much easier to find tone of the scene when acted out. Although it takes more time to memorize the lines for it is much harder to read it off without knowing what to expect

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I enjoyed the person who corrected the spelling and i think the murder of Banquo was well written and played out.

    ReplyDelete