Monday, December 6, 2010

En 11-2: Notes from Monday, 6 December

Today we read and discussed Act II, sc iii-iv.  We reviewed some of the whacky things that occurred around the time of Duncan's death:

a) please write one brief paragraph outlining the weird occurrences from the following three scenes:
II, ii, 33
II, iii, 55-62 (or 36-43 in blue copies) Lennox is speaking
II , iv, 1-20

For homework, please answer the following from the student study package handouts:

b) Act 2 "Reading and Vocab. Check" - do the five questions from the top of the page and then match the 16 vocab. terms to their definitions.

c) do the ROUND BULLETED questions (there are seven of them) from the Act 2 question sheet at the back of the handout (leave the questions with the large square bullets).

PLEASE REMEMBER TO POST A COMMENT TO THE BLOG AFTER EACH CLASS.

8 comments:

  1. Mr. Marshall is the best!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so excited to read more of Macbeth and see if he'll confess or keep on going with it. I also like seeing how lady Macbeth can manipulate Macbeth into doing anything else wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't in the class today but I did read the scenes and I'm noticing more and more the theme of "false faces". For instence, when they found Duncan dead Macbeth and Lady Macbeth do an interesting job of pretending they knew nothing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading the play with everyone in class and then discussing it. I'm excited for what will happen next as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite enjoy how Macbeth covered up his tracks, especially how he justified killing Duncan's 'murderers' by saying he had a rage attack. Seriously, Macbeth. That is very very suspicious. I will be severely disappointed if Banquo is fooled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very excited to read more of Macbeth, Macbeth and Lady Macbeth do a very interesting job of looking innocent and not giving in to guilt knowing they caused the death of Duncan and the guards, i'm also excited to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm more interested in Macbeth now that Duncan is dead. Now things get exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also very excited to read the rest of the play! I agree with Madison, the theme of "false faces" is becoming really regular; which makes everything a total mystery!

    ReplyDelete