Thursday, December 2, 2010

En 12: Notes from Thursday, 02 December

We opened the class deciding to do a food hamper drive some afternoon/evening in the near future - please talk it up with the other grads - Go Pender!

We spent the bulk of the class editing our Polonius' advice paragraphs.  They are due in on Friday - yippee - marking this weekend for Mr. Marshall.

We read Act II, Sc i and started to practice short pantomimes of the meeting with Ophelia and Hamlet, as described by Ophelia, starting at line 77.  We'll have some giggles watching those mini-performances, first thing tomorrow.

Please read Act II, Sc ii for tomorrow.  I'd like the following people to prepare to read aloud:

King: Brittany
Polonius: Taylor (first half), Rowan (second half)
Queen: Eileen
Gildenstern: Timo
Rosencrantz: Morgan
Voltimand: Hayley
Hammy: Mitch Jones (first half), Aurora (second half)
First Player: Becky (+ everyone else in case becky doesn't read the blog)

With this we can start to read Act 3 over the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. In regards to the food hamper drive. I have talked to a couple of the other grads and they're into it but setting a date isn't going so well. I think that we or you should come up with two dates and then we can find out which one works for the most people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aurora, thanks for keeping on top of this. I agree that it's difficult to get people organized - I like the cliche about herding cats. Maybe we can divide the region up into pieces and then people can form collectives (nice pun, eh?) and pick up donations at a time that works for them individually - that's what we did the first year with Cody Bowden, et al. Please remind me to discuss this in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr marshall could you make a post for the second novel study, just so people know where to go to post about it.
    I personally like the sounds of the book you said you read recently, "The Fallen", but the idea of leaving with a book for christmas break and coming back having completed it doesn't really appeal to me. I'd like to meet at least twice throughout the book to talk about it because I always find that the discussions in lit studies brings my attention to things I don't normally focus on. Would those wanting to participate be willing to meet twice over the christmas break to discuss whatever book we choose?

    ReplyDelete