Wednesday, October 27, 2010

English 12 Poetry Slam Activity (Begun 27 Oct)

I was pleased with the apparent effort you were able to put towards the first lesson on slam poetry.  I know it's hard to "write on demand," but most of you managed to get some ideas down.  For Thursday's class, remember you need to have a topic and three or four sub-topics for a mind map (brainstorm) done so that I can help those who are stuck to get moving.

I've attached a screenshot of my poem to this post and would like each of you to visit the blog a couple of times during the creation of your poems to record your thoughts on the process.

3 comments:

  1. So I kind of skipped the mind map step and went straight to writing, will that be a problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely not. Good luck examining so of your lines to see how you can adapt them we discussed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this process really difficult as i usually only write poems when i want and how i want. In this case, we had to write a poem in a time constraint and it had to be a certain type of poem, one that i really like,, but had never tried before. So after many attempts of writing about something less personal and something more about things i didnt care about, i just gave in and wrote a personal poem that i normally wouldnt say in front of the class willingly.

    ReplyDelete